GEORACING is a complete solution for tracking and visualising outdoor sporting events in 3D. Moreover, background information and statistics are provided to enhance the spectator experience. Each event is broadcast live on large screens for big audiences, on television, internet portals and smartphones.
The visualisations are based on the realistic 3D reconstruction of the competition site (relying on GoogleEarth-style geographical data) and the different competitors (take sailing for example, we model the different types of boats).
GeoBox real-time 3D visualisation for big screens, TV and IPTV
GEORACING is an offshoot of Geobox, a 3D rack-mount workstation with a dedicated hardware platform and a set of specific applications developed by Trimaran.
This is a bundled solution for monitoring live broadcasts on big screens, television, Internet and IPTV.
The main functionalities of the application Sailing 3D
- 3D Visualisation of a race:
- 3D boats: dinghies, catamarans, keelboats…
- The starting line, OCS
- Time ranking and progress at each mark, gate and at the finish
- Intermediate distance ranking
- Individual speed and course information
- Tracks, lay lines, advantage line and distances between boats
- Live function for feeding content to large screens, TV programmes or replays
- Automatic mode with sailing mark detection
- Creation of an accelerated short video, summarizing the race
- Broadcasting in SD / HD / 3D relief
- Internet live tracking portal
- Big screens via direct connection or via Internet
- TV or IPTV
- Webcast streaming on high and low bandwidth and iPhone…
GEORACING employs the GPS tracking system developed by its long-time partner, MYLAPS, located in the Netherlands (autonomous trackers with GPRS reception dedicated to sportsmen and women). MYLAPS is the world leader in timing (motor sports with its "transponders" and running with its "chips"). MYLAPS markets the system in the Netherlands and Northern Europe as well as in countries where they have a subsidiary (USA, Australia, Japan ...).
WAYPOINT TRACKING is helmed by sailor Christine BRIAND, a 3-time 470 world champion (Olympic class). Christine knows the sailing market in Europe very well; she is the one who introduced GEORACING on the market in France and Southern Europe.